Before Setting Off
- Check out the Hong Kong Geopark website and brochures before planning your trip.
- Check the weather forecast. Do not visit the geopark during bad weather.
- Prepare suitable clothing, with sun protection or rain gear.
- Inform family members of your itinerary. Avoid hiking alone.
- Bring communication devices, and ample drinking water and food.
- Do not deface anything with graffiti, or damage or take away any rocks.
- Do not disturb or harm wildlife.
- Do not wander off the recommended sightseeing routes.
- Some islands and coastal areas have no visitor facilities. They should be observed from a boat. Avoid getting ashore or visiting them when there are strong easterly winds.
- Don’t hike near cliffs in order to prevent injuries from rock falls.
- Don’t climb on outcrops, slopes or rocky coasts in order to prevent accidents.
- Respect the geopark communities and their heritage.
- Camp only at designated sites.
- Note the safety warning signs at geosites.
- Stay alert to weather and environmental changes.
- Take your litter home.
The conservation of the geosites in Hong Kong is in our hands!
Please also refer to the details provided by the Country Park Hiking Safety Guidelines.